Job Opening: Part-time Production Assistant
Humble Suds is a fast growing clean cleaning products company in Evergreen, CO. We currently make all of our products at our facilities. We are very passionate about educating people about the importance of clean cleaning products, and we are proud to deliver truly safe, transparent and effective luxurious, cleaning products from high-quality plant-based ingredients.
We are looking for a Production Assistant to assist with product manufacturing, with an emphasis on product making at scale. This is a position that is primarily production so you will be working with your hands and doing manual labor on a daily basis. In addition to production, you will be assisting with packing and shipping customer orders and helping keep our products, ingredients and supplies organized.
We are seeking someone dependable, efficient, very detail-oriented and neat, with a strong work ethic and an eye for quality. We are looking for someone with a huge supply of positive energy and willingness to get the job done with a big smile.
- Preparing lab and production areas (using sterile technique in lab)
- Sanitizing containers
- Properly identifying raw materials and developing an understanding of ingredient quality with training
- Measuring raw materials correctly using scales and volume measuring methods
- Correctly following standard recipes and processes for different product production
- Performing calculations to correctly scale recipes up or down as needed
- Heating liquids and preparing ingredients for production
- Developing an extreme eye for detail and upholding expected quality of finished goods
- Correctly assigning batch dates and calculating expiration dates • Packaging/wrapping/labeling finished goods
- Cleaning up after production, including dishes and surface/floor cleaning
- Assisting with inventory counts and restocking
- Packing customer orders, creating shipping labels, fulfilling orders
- Helping receive raw materials and cataloging them properly
- Using strong organizational skills to assist with materials storage
- Labeling products, ingredients, and other materials precisely • Organizing
- General store cleaning and lab area cleaning
- Assisting with store chores as assigned including things like mopping, dishwasher management, taking out trash, breaking down shipping boxes for recycling, moving pallets and empty oil drums
- Communicating with the team using Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Docs
- Following basic data entry procedures on a computer (training provided)
- At times assembling shipping boxes and assisting the Customer Service team when needed
- Energetic, positive, solution-based thinker to help overcome challenges as we scale our business
- Ability to take constructive feedback and contribute to continuous improvement activities in the company
- Drive to learn independently, taking initiative to learn about ingredients, safety, tools, and our industry in general and improve work-related skills
- Ability to assist in cataloging standard processes and updating existing procedures, strengthening our use of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Positive attitude with an intention to build to the business, uplift your coworkers, and develop great team culture
- Self starter who takes pride in their work
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to stay on task for long periods of time
- To perform the essential functions of this job successfully, team members are regularly required to stand, reach, handle small objects, sit, walk, kneel, or crouch.
- Team members must be able to stand and bend for up to 8 hours on some days.
- Employees occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more weight with another team member.
- Safety masks must be worn during any production activities that generate dust or fumes and ventilation must be on.
- Employees are required to follow safety measures while performing daily work and learn new safety procedures as our equipment and workspace evolve.
- One last note: Our workplace must be free of all synthetic fragrance, from laundry detergent to perfume to hair care, as well as any tobacco smoke residue.
- The schedule is 24 hours a week with some flexibility on days/times available with potential for full-time and growth within the company.
We are a small company, but we work hard, and we love what we do. Come grow our business with us, and make the world a healthier, cleaner better-smelling place in the meantime!
If you’re interested, please submit a resume AND a cover letter to email@example.com telling us why you’re interested in the job and how you contribute to healthy living.